Monday, May 30, 2022

Day 62

Trail miles: 0
Total: 788.9







I was able to sleep in until 7:00am and had a nice hot chocolate coffee mix from the lobby. I started uploading photos to Amazon Prime for Big Owl to see the photos I took heading down Forester Pass. I wasn’t finished yet, but breakfast was at 9:00am so I had to do more in the afternoon. I had the French toast special from Alabama Hills Cafe and it was alright; it did not live up to the hype that I have heard, but the berries on top were a nice touch. Resupply was next and boy was it the most expensive place I have every been to. The Lenny and Larry cookies were $4 each! I spent well over $150 for food this time. I got a new water filter at the hiker shop, because the desert ate mine (meaning too much dirt and sand got it that it barely flows). Good thing I have it though, because Trebuchet had to turn back to Cottonwood after getting sick. I think I did a better job picking food out this time and I hope it fits in my bear canister tomorrow night. I still need some ziplock bags to repack some of the bulkier items. And they were sold out of a lot of things, like freezer bags, tuna, and honey buns. But Raechel and Krista got some tuna from the hiker box I will be able to eat! They also gave me a pop tart. I can always count on them to raid the hiker boxes for the good stuff. Brad even grabbed me a Cadbury hot chocolate packet to mix with my coffee tomorrow morning. I skipped lunch because we were eating dinner at Jonah’s friends house, but I got really hungry, which means I think my hiker hunger has kicked in. But I held off, and it was worth it. We ate pork tacos, salad, tres leches cake, panna cotta, and jalapeƱo poppers. We enjoyed being in a home and having a home cooked meal! We stayed until 7:30pm. Now I have my bag half packed and ready to hike up Kearsarge Pass again! This will be our toughest section of the whole trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment