Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Day 63

Trail miles: 1.1
Total: 790
Off trail miles: 7.5










No matter how much time I get in town I feel like I’m rushing to do stuff on the last day. I still had to go to the post office and pack my bag. I ended up having enough time because the taxi wasn’t picking us up until after 1:00pm. While walking around town, I saw a group trying to hitch with no success, so I’m glad we got the taxi, which was $15 each. Another 45 min drive back to the trailhead and we were headed up. I was able to climb the 4 mile pass without taking more than a water break, but it caused my undiagnosed sports asthma to reappear. I had to take the hill up to camp pretty slow. I discovered that people now use me as a pacer, where they get behind me because I am so slow that they know they won’t get altitude sickness from rising too quickly. That’s ok, Cool Beans and I chatted most of the way up the hill, well when I could breathe. I’m now in my tent eating subway that I packed out and I’m glad I have a chance to recover before pass #2 tomorrow - Glenn Pass. We are right below it this time, so we will hopefully hit the snow while it is still frozen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment