Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Day 75

Trail miles: 14.1
Total: 937.4




Well last night became so windy without warning and my tent collapsed 3 times. The first two times I tried to fix it from inside the tent because I was being lazy. After the third time, I got out and added a stack of rocks to the side the wind was blowing it down from and that seemed to work! The weather made everyone miserable. Cool Beans was adamant on getting up and over the pass quickly because he didn’t like the cloud headed our way. When we finished the pass and headed down the mountain, we could see fog engulfing the peak of the mountains. On the way down, I totally fell into some snow runoff so my shoes were all wet. It’s very annoying when that happens, but at least my quick reaction saved my camera from getting wet. I don’t know how I’ve become so accident prone. Today I just totally ran into a rock. Didn’t even see the rock overhanging the trail, I just scraped my knee right into it and started bleeding. And I did nothing about it. Still haven’t. It’s just crusty blood on the side of my leg that I covered with my wool leggings for the night. And my stove is apparently garbage now, because I screwed it onto my fuel canister, and the gas blew out onto my fingers and burned them for like 5 whole seconds. I had to shove my fingers in the water I was about to boil for dinner. Anyway, trail was easy after the pass. All downhill and flat. We had to stop early though because you can’t camp like 4 miles before and 4 miles after Tuolumne Meadows. We will stop there tomorrow to resupply until Kennedy Meadows North, which will be the official end of the Sierras. We played a knew camp game Raechel taught us and I ate my Knorr rice sides. I keep forgetting that those things are nasty. Not many options in the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment