Sunday, June 26, 2022

Day 87

 Trail miles: 0

Total: 1090.8





Town days have become all about building back up the food reserves. And if you want to do it right, have Brads mom Tammy and their friend Wayne come visit! I couldn’t be more grateful for the generosity they provided with putting us up for 4 nights and cooking for us. And Tammy drove us around town getting food for resupply, shipping packages, and printing stuff at the library. I contacted the PCTA about my lost permit and they enabled my account to print my permit again! So I am legal again on trail. I stashed two separate permits in different compartments so I’ll have a backup this time. I am sending a box from Tahoe to Sierra City, which is where we will be in 5 days. There’s nothing there so I send bars from Tahoe, and my mom is sending me dinners and other supplies I am running low on. And thank you Terri, my hiking friend from home, for cooking and sending me dehydrated meals! I look forward to them! Wayne and Tammy cooked us twice baked potatoes, steak, and corn on the cob for dinner. Then we watched the Secrets of Dumbledore movie which was not worth staying up late for.

No comments:

Post a Comment