Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Day 76

Trail miles: 21.4
Total: 958.8





Today the lady sleeping next to us said we were so quiet getting ready in the morning. Maybe it’s because we are all half asleep still. We only had 5 east miles to hike into Tuolumne Meadows to resupply. I got the garbage can stuck open in my way there so I had to get a girl in the parking lot to help my close it. The store had a lot of food to choose from. I repackaged more dehydrated meals to fit in my bear canister. We met Ranger Marshall at the store who told us his life story after we kept asking him questions about his job. I got checked 3 times for my permit by volunteers and Rangers. We sat at the store for a couple hours doing the resupply, but also eating as much food we couldn’t pack out as possible. Lots of hikers were drunk and 9:00am. We passed Soda Springs right after the store which was a letdown. It’s a spring coming up from the ground, but the water didn’t even taste carbonated, mostly just iron. Toward the end of the night, we had three big water crossings to do. I just went through them in my crocs and they were very manageable. Raechel took the logs across and said they were pretty sketchy and weren’t worth the risk. She ended up getting her foot wet on the first log crossing. There was one little section where the water got pretty strong but nothing I couldn’t handle. At the top of our last one mile climb of the day, Raechel started going up hills looking for campsites. She made us all follow her up the hill on the side of the trail and led us right back down to the trail anyway. It was so funny giving her crap about leading us on a mini bush whack when we didn’t need to at all. So far there is no wind and I hope it stays that way, because I could only find 3 smallish rocks for my tent. I started buying the nice dehydrated meals for my dinner which I know is expensive, but I can’t eat the cheap stuff anymore. It’s so gross. The expensive stuff is barely digestible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment