Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Day 69

Trail miles: 14.9
Total: 893.6
















On our girls only day, we took it easy! When we wanted to break, we did. When we got to a creek crossing, we took the time to change into water shoes to keep our shoes dry. We had three creek crossing that were about knee deep and not dangerous, but they were so cold. We passed one where there was a huge waterfall falling over the trail and that was the coldest water I’ve ever felt. My toes were in instant pain and I had to hold my toes with my fingers to warm them back up. Raechel caught back up with us after making it down one mile of side trail to VVR. She found out that a trip from VVR to Mammoth would have taken 8 hours by car! She thought it best to just finish out the miles for a couple days than to try and deal with that mess. On the top our final pass of the section, Silver Pass, we took our Ass on the Pass pic with Lifeguard! There was a lot of snow on the way down, but nothing dangerous. We took in nice and slow and made it down without issues. We stopped at Virginia Lake to enjoy the scenery before heading to our campsite 2 miles away. We had a steep 1.5 mile switchback hill, but I did it much better than the earlier hill where I again got lethargic from hunger. Looking forward to town day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment