Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Day 70

Trail miles: 9.7
Totals: 903.3
Side trail miles: 3.5
Miles to Mammoth Lakes: 5.2 miles, 20 min trolley ride









They say bad things happen in threes and luckily my three this morning weren’t horrible. I slept through my alarm and felt bad that my phone just kept playing wind chimes for 7 minutes. Then I got up and my pants were stained red, so I’m glad I was taking them off for the last time until I do laundry later that day. Then I opened my lip balm and it exploded all over my hands and sleeping bag. I just ignored all my problems and hurried up to leave with the group. We didn’t take any breaks today except when we hit mile 900 for a pic and at the junction when we discovered there was cell reception. We made it to the bus stop at the Horseshoe Lake Trailhead for the 11:30am trolley, but not before I ate everything I had left in my food supply. At one point I thought I lost my Reese’s fast break bar but I found it like 10 min later in my back pocket. In town, we went right for the brewery, and then the ice cream shop, and then the Mexican restaurant. I blame it mostly on the fact that we had 4 hours to kill before our BnB was ready. We met all the rest of the gang for food, but left them to shower and laundry for the rest of the night. For dinner, we ordered pizza in and watched Kenobi! That was probably my favorite part of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment