Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Day 65

Trail miles: 11.2
Total: 815.6













The slow pokes got started at 5:30am and made our way up the pass. It was slow going until I reached the snow and then it was kinda fun! It was very easy again today. We made it to the top before the fast group, but then again they did leave after 6:00am. The summit was beautiful as usual. Then I took the next 4 downhill miles pretty fast to keep up with Moss and Cool Beans. I crossed a water crossing and totally fell in up to my thighs, so I’m glad I had a dry bag to put my camera gear in. Then since my feet were already soaking wet, I just walked through the next one. I went in between Cool Beans and Moss. Then we waited on a rock for an hour until the rest of the group showed up. It was only four more miles to camp, so I headed up the hill with the gang. I took my shoes off for the other water crossings because I’m afraid my shoes will be frozen in the morning if I go in the water too late in the afternoon. Now we are at camp and I immediately made oatmeal because I was so hungry. There’s a large crowd here waiting to do the pass in the morning. We are all watching people go over the pass in the afternoon, which I thought was crazy, but they all seem to be doing fine. Maybe it’s easy? Either way, it has been great entertainment. Krista taught us a reaction game, which I did terrible at because I of course kept laughing. Tomorrow is the first of our long mileage days so I will have to go down the hill fast to make up for lost time on the uphill.

No comments:

Post a Comment