Thursday, June 23, 2022

Day 84

Trail miles: 11.4
Total: 1090.8




I woke up before 5:00am and got up right away. No time is wasted on town day. We had one big hill and it was all downhill from there! We ran into some maintenance workers and I panicked a little when I first saw them because I thought they might check for my permit that I lost. But they were super nice and gave me some directions to the parking lot side trail. We showed up just in time as Big Owl and Donna showed up, but they only had room for three people, so Krista, Lifeguard, and me had to hitch. We didn’t even make it to the road to stick our thumbs up when a man pulled in offering a ride. We saw James sitting on the road and fit him into the car too. We were reunited with the gang and headed for Mexican food. It was the worst. Then I got the largest ice cream sandwich ever and I disgraced the thru hiking community with how I struggled to finish it. I watched some girl across from me eat it with no problems in half the time I did. Embarrassing. Spare Change’s mom was in Wheel of Fortune and called to tell him she won 50,000! We bought some food from the grocery store for the time we will be in town and Ubered to the BnB. Raechel and Krista made pasta for dinner. Tammy (Brads mom) and Wayne arrived just in time for Pumpkin Pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment