Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Day 82

Trail miles: 19.1
Total: 1060.5









I was again cold last night even with the hand warmer. It was in the 20s overnight. We had about a two mile hill to climb right away, but it was worth it for the view and the phone service. I used the single measly bar I had to call my dad and wish him a Happy Fathers Day! He was on the golf course, but I think he was very happy to hear from me. On the way down the hill, we passed another creek with icy rocks. We decided to add some rocks to build a rock hop bridge. I placed a nice one in front of me. And Krista came in from the other side of the river and instead of placing hers nicely in the water, she decided to launch the rock as far as she could causing water to splash all over me and Lifeguard. In the end it worked nicely to stay dry. I only fell into one creek today and it was early enough that my shoes are dry now. Once we reached the bottom of the hill, we got trail magic! A young couple who had hiked the trail year was there to visit the girls dad who was hiking this year. They gave us pre-made turkey sandwiches, watermelon, and IPA beers. It was a delicious surprise! And they had a seven month old Bernese-Swissie mix that I loved playing with. For lunch, we stopped at Pennsylvania Creek. I created a new wrap where I put guacamole flavored chips on the tuna and beans. Adding the crunch to anything really helps. The temperature was warmer today which really brightened my spirits. It really hurt me yesterday. And the views today were phenomenal all day. I told Krista at one point that it felt like I was in the Animal Kingdom. My dinner was awful. I’m so tired of the taste of adding olive oil to my dinners for extra calories. At least I can drown it out with peanut m&ms.

No comments:

Post a Comment