Thursday, June 23, 2022

Day 85

Trail miles: 0
Total: 1090.8







Woke up to find a whole mens outfit in the bottom of my bedsheets that I didn’t find the night before. First off, that’s so gross. And second, Krista decided the pants might be worth washing and keeping. Wayne made the best pancakes I’ve ever had and the secret he says is cooking them on olive oil, so I will have to try that out sometime. We headed to town and I spent 30 minutes waiting in line at the AT&T store just for them to tell me I had to file and insurance claim for my phone online. I met Krista and Raechel for poke after stopping at the coffee shop for a Maple crunch latte. The gear store was actually super nice which means I didn’t need to go to REI for shoes. The worked heated up the inserts so they could form to my feet before I left the store. There were some hikers that came in who I could smell from 15 feet away and the cashier started burning incense. I bought a town shirt that I will be able to wear and send home. For dinner, we went to the Ten Crows BBQ restaurant. The food was good, but for some reason I got indigestion so bad that I had to have Raechel bike to the grocery store to bring me back antacids. The only thing thing that helped though was going back to lay down on my bed. I watched Stranger Things to make me feel better too. I was sad about missing out on the bar, but I still apparently had a better night than Raechel and Brad. They rented bikes for a day to ride around town with and to get back to the BnB at the end of the night. They rode back well after sunset and Google Maps took them on a single track trail through the woods. They said it took them an hour and a half to ride the 6 miles back. There was a four by four they had to ride over and they almost had to cross a creek before they realized they made a wrong turn. Krista took an Uber home and waited for them on the couch for an hour before she started getting worried. They decided to return the bikes after that trip. And I will have to start carrying antacids in my fanny pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment