Thursday, June 9, 2022

Day 71

Trail miles: 0
Total: 903.3










Well it’s town day which means all my photos have switched from mountains to food. I lounged in a big bed and woke up at 7:00am. I headed straight to the bagel shop for food and one of the best chocolate pastries I’ve had in a while. We got driven around by Lifeguard's boyfriend Alex to resupply and hit up some more coffee and pastry shops. For some reason at Schat’s, I was checked out by a 10 year old boy so it took forever to get my stuff and check out. And he didn’t know what anything was so he was no help when something wasn’t labeled. Also the pastries were not even worth the hassle. Anyway, dinner was at the Brewery and I got a flights of IPAs and one sour. For obvious reasons, I was literally the only one at the table who got carded. I got the pork belly tacos and they were absolutely fantastic. Much better than the burger I got from there yesterday. We got to watch the Celtics game. I’m not a basketball fan, but Big Owl is a big supporter, so I was happy to cheer them on along side her. We moved to a dive bar a short walk away. It’s been 7 years since I turned 21 and I still don’t know what to ask for at a bar, so I just said please give me something fruity with rum in it. Turned out pretty good! I think a couple other people ended up with the same drink too. Brad, Krista, Cool Beans, and I played foosball which was a lot of fun! The power went out halfway through and Brad ran and put his headlamp on because of course he has it with him. Then Jonah challenged us and played with basically one hand while drinking his beer. But Cool Beans and I still remain undefeated! I asked a man at one table if I could sit across from him since all the hikers were standing basically near the table. He seemed like he really wanted to talk to someone because we picked up conversation very quickly and easily. I found out he is hiking the El Camino in July with his wife. Back at the BnB, it ended up being the four of my core group eating Oreos and laughing about the night in the dining room. It was such a sweet ending to a fun zero.

No comments:

Post a Comment