Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Day 34

Trail miles: 19.5
Total: 440.3


It’s been a while but I think I finally figured out how to eat while walking. I put snack in my hip belt pocket and try to eat on the easier terrain. I like to get on trail before I eat my first breakfast (I eat 3 breakfasts, like Lord of the Rings). I’ve also figured out how to rehydrate things properly on trail. For some reason it takes a lot longer to reconstitute food here than back in Pennsylvania. I wait 20 min to be safe for the Knorr packets and my homemade meals. I’d also like to update that since I got my new Lululemon biker shorts, I have had no chaffing problems! While we are on the topic of gear, I am so looking forward to my new shoes coming tomorrow because the support is completely gone. My feet hurt a lot and I can feel every pebble I step on. I ordered the same version of Altras, the Timps, that I had before but they are now the third in the series instead of the second. And I got them in the same size because I don’t think my feet have swollen any yet, which I hear is a common thing to happen to thru hikers.

The trail was more desert-y than usual today. Very hot and the overgrown bushes scratched my legs so bad. There was even a warning sign calling it a “snag area” so like 4 miles of bushwhacking. We passed 2 rattlesnakes on trail. The first on was in a bush and we had to climb through more stabby bushes to keep a good distance. The second one I passed before I heard it and Raechel and Krista just ran past as fast as they could. I climbed a long 4 mile hill today and then had a nice decent. I put my headphones in to listen to a couple podcasts, because I don’t know if it was the sun or what, but I was bored and not in a good mood. We all got good campsites at camp today, 4 miles out from Acton, before a huge gaggle of hikers came and set up practically on trail and in the path. And some dude started loud mouthing about his opinion on everyone’s gear. Anyway, looking forward to the hot tub tomorrow and maybe some grilling at the RV camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment