Monday, May 16, 2022

Day 45

Trail miles: 16.8
Total: 583.3






It was very tough to get out of bed this morning. I was not ready to give up my queen bed all to myself. I got my stuff together and put my stinky hiking shirt back on. I had a coffee again and this time a breakfast sandwich with egg and sausage. I went over to the computer with my remaining time to backup photos from my camera onto my external drive. Much easier to do on a computer than my phone. I ordered a dry bag for my camera for the river crossings coming up. I need to keep up with my finances more on the trip, because I’m just spending money when I need to. Right as Ted (who I now found out is a creep) got to the pastry shop to pick us up, we found out Brad was taking another 0 in Tehachapi, no reason other than he wanted to. Krista is already taking a break from trail to heal her foot, so it was down to Raechel and me. Soon after we started hiking, Raechel fell behind to pee, but I never saw her after that. I got a text saying she was very sick and had to head back into town for a night or 2. Not sure what the cause of it was, maybe something she ate. I was already too far up the hill to turn back, so I kept going. I got to the water source by 6:00 pm and started filtering. My arches were really hurting me today. I think I might have to get some different inserts than what these shoes offer. I am staying at the spring tonight where there are other hikers around. I have to make it to the next water source tomorrow if I have hopes of camping near people again, which will make tomorrow a 21 mile day. So early wake up call!

No comments:

Post a Comment