Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Day 42

Trail miles: 4.3
Total: 566.5 
Hitching distance: 9.8 miles, 14 min





Woke up dark and early to catch the bus. It was so cold that I kept my sleep clothes on, because I will be doing laundry later today so it won’t matter if it’s all sweaty. The wind blew us around on our 4 mile trek. It’s amazing how well the bushes protected us from the windy; I’m very grateful for them. And speaking of yesterday how I said how stressful pooping was, a truck totally drove down one of the dirt roads in front of me as I was wiping. I thought at least it was somewhat dark before the sunrise. But come on, no one is around and on those roads all day and night and then as soon as I poop, someone shows up. Anyway, we ran into some cows on trail that were scared away as we got closer. They had two babies with them! One had large horns that was kind of scary, but it didn’t do anything but eat grass and stare at us. We got to the bus stop over an hour before the bus was scheduled to arrive so I started eating a cliff bar and warming up water for a cappuccino. But before it came to a boil, we we offered a ride by Ted the trail angel who had just dropped off two hikers on their way north from that point. He dropped us off at the coffee shop, because we still have to wait a couple hours for the hotel. The party shop was so cute. It was German themed and of course I had to send a bunch of snaps since Kiersten is now living in Germany. We met a very nice ultra runner form Australia with a baby at the coffee shop. Since we had to wait for the hotel room to be ready in the afternoon, we went to the thrift store to grab a $2 town outfit and took all our stuff to the Wash Tub laundromat. By the time that was done, I still had some time to kill so I used the hotel computer to create a document for what I need to be send to Kennedy Meadows in preparation for the high Sierras. I’ll need an ice axe for sure and maybe a bear canister if I’m not renting one. Our room is so nice, thanks to my parents for hooking us up! There’s 3 beds so I got my own queen bed. Krista, Raechel, and I went to see Dr Strange and there was an entire eight grade class there being loud during the movie. The movie was alright, but the real villain was the screaming baby in the front of the theater. I’m so excited for double zeroing in a Marriott! Resupplying tomorrow at the Walmart and maybe Dollar General. But first, continental breakfast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment