Monday, May 30, 2022

Day 61

Trail miles: 1.9
Total: 788.9
Off trail miles: 7.5
Miles to Lone Pine: 29 miles









Hills and off trail miles are killers, but in the Sierras, they are forgivable. We hiked up 2 miles to the junction to Kearsarge Pass which leads up and over the pass down to a parking lot where we could hitch into town. It was so beautiful. More lakes and mountains I can’t even believe are real. The downhill was easy of course and I was basically running to get to the pit toilets. There were so many day hikers because it was a holiday weekend and there were no good spots to pee without being seen. I met these cool group day hikers that were camping at the bottom of the hill. We talked about my hike for a little and they asked my trail name. I said Slalom because I have to wait for everyone at the bottom of the hills. Once I made it to the bottom, I found out Raechel and Krista had met them too. The group asked “hey do you know Slalom? Yeah she’s way head of you!” That made my day; they are too funny!! We were picked up by Jonah who borrowed his friends car and headed to the Dow Villa Motel. It is such a quaint little place with a nice sitting area downstairs. We chose food over cleanliness and had BBQ from across the street. Then right after laundry and showers, we ate again. We had family style Chinese where we all got a plate we wanted and everyone took a portion. It worked out way better than I expected! More chores to do tomorrow on our zero.

No comments:

Post a Comment