Saturday, May 21, 2022

Day 50

Trail miles: 18.5
Total: 672.8







We’ll it’s disheartening to discover that I’m still the slowest hiker out here. Even after almost 700 miles of walking, I still suck at uphills. I needed two breaks today on the four mile climb. It make my think that the Sierras coming up are going to be more of a problem for me than I thought. The hill to get into the high Sierras is daunting, but I think that’ll be the worst. Hopefully.

We made it to the lunch siesta spot around noon where there was a small flowing creek. We were waiting for Krista and I fell asleep. When she arrived, I got up to filter water, and a lot more people started showing up. People that we hadn’t seen in a while since we spent more time in Tehachapi. Raechel and I headed up the last hill for the day around 4:00pm, which made for over 3,500 ft of elevation gain for the day. A lot of people are at camp too, and I was lucky to find a spot far back along the ridge. I completely knocked over my Ramen while trying to rehydrate it so now I’m left with some mashed potatoes. Maybe I’ll get an earlier start tomorrow for the hot day and big climb. Oh I almost forgot to mention, we hit 25% done today and now have less than 2,000 miles to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment