Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Day 151

Trail miles: 23.7
Total: 2553.4






The sun was out when we started hiking so it was already a better day than yesterday. We only had less than a mile hill before the next 15 miles were downhill. It went alright except for all the blowdowns. We would jump over a log or two or three every eighth of a mile. There was one blow down that had hundred of trees down! It could have been from a mudslide or maybe avalanche. But it was the blowdown of all blowdowns. I was keeping up with Lifeguard and Brad while we took on a lot of difficult blowdowns together. Sometimes I would hand my camera and poles to Lifeguard so I could barrel roll over the log. Then at one point, I looked down at my shoe and noticed the top mesh of my shoe had totally ripped in half. I could push the front of my foot out of the hole. I used some of Brads gorilla tape to wrap around the hole, but it fell off after a couple miles. The shoe still feels ok to walk in for now. I wouldn’t be able to get anything sent to me in Stehekin because it is too remote of a town. I lost Brad and Lifeguard when I stopped to eat. I’ve been running out of energy because I’m so hungry. I was on my way up the other side of the valley when I turn the corner and I see tents and sleeping bag slung over branches along the trail. And of course I recognized them all. A little further was everyone eating lunch by the water.  The big hill after lunch was almost 8 miles and not gradual. I was able to make it to camp before 6:00pm still! We are thrilled that tomorrow will be our last town day.

No comments:

Post a Comment