Thursday, August 18, 2022

Day 140

Trail miles: 19.9
Total: 2393.8












You’d think I would have moved so fast because I was getting picked up today and taking the weekend off for trail days, but I was still unmotivated I guess. I just felt like 20 miles was still too far to start booking it. The hardest hill of the day was by far the first one. It’s 5:30am and we are all still half asleep, Krista is about to poop her pants again, and we have an uphill I could crawl up. The other hills were more gradual thankfully. And they weren’t more than a couple miles. We stopped at the water source about 6 miles in and everyone was there! We did our early morning coffee and snack break while meeting some new hikers like Hike and Seek. Then we saw them all again at the lake about 12 miles in where everyone was swimming. It was called Mirror Lake and the water was crystal clear. I swam out to the rock in the middle to stand on. I wish I could have taken pictures because I wanted to have that image with me forever, but my GoPro is cracked and this is already my second phone of the trip. We jumped in to reduce some of the stink before we went back drove back with mom and Uncle Kent for 4 hours, but I don’t think it helped much. I timed the day just right so I made it to the trailhead at exactly the time I said we would be there. But my mom got stuck in traffic so she would be 30 minutes late. Our first thought was to hang out at the Chevron and pick up packages, but there was trail magic! Well, a man named Ron was just handing out Cokes (which turned into rum and cokes at the end) and all the hikers were hanging out. When my mom arrived, she had tons of clean clothes in hand for us to change into. It was a long drive back to the house, but it was so nice to be sitting. We stopped at a Mexican fast food restaurant called Señor Bones which wasn’t too bad. And when we got there, it was showers and right to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment