Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Day 145

Trail miles: 21.3

Total: 2415.7














It was hard to say Goodbye to my Aunt and Uncle, the dogs, my mom, the shower, the clean clothes, the days off…. But they will soon come again! As soon as next week actually. We should be finished next weekend if things go according to plan. As per usual, my mom took a lot of photos at the trailhead as we set off again, saying goodbye to my mom and a different aunt this time. The views were great today. Once we made it to the top of the 6 mile hill, there were lakes and mountains to see for miles. I felt pretty good even though we were squeezing over 20 miles in basically after lunchtime. Everyone complained about the rocky terrain. I think it started hurting the bottoms of my feet a little. Lifeguard wasn’t doing too well today. She thinks it’s because she hasn’t been eating enough and she’s carrying too much for her small size. We all eventually made it to camp. Brad and I got to the stock camp well past sunset, to the point where we were using headlamps. Somehow, all the space was taken for tents all three campsites at the bottom of the hill. Guess we are still in the bubble. We kept going and we’re desperate enough after 9:00pm to just set up camp anywhere. We were separated out in some twigs right off the PCT. It would have been easier to find a spot if I could see more than 5 feet into the woods with my headlamp. Raechel, Krista, and Lifeguard came by when I was settling in for bed. They kept going a little ways. I decided to eat peanuts for dinner since Brad always does it and I didn’t want to bother with cooking this late.

No comments:

Post a Comment