Saturday, August 13, 2022

Day 128

Trail miles: 10.4
Total: 2097.9


























It’s about time I had a good freakin day!! I had all my stuff ready the night before so I had time to go to the local coffee shop. It was cute and I loved that they had maple lattes, which is rare. (Usually it’s maple spice, which I hate) Our rides arrived to get us around the burn section, which is a 2.5 hour trip. They stopped an hour in at a lookout spot to let us see the bridges over the cliff and to use the restroom. The ride went very quickly! We were at frog lake in no time. It took a little bit of time to get the drivers to take us to the correct spot in the campground. They took the wrong way several times. Then he got lost trying to get out of the campground. He ended up coming back after 15 min to say he was lost. We arrived at the same time as my aunt and uncle! They brought us tons of food and both of their dogs. We stayed there as late as I could, but we still had to make it to Timberline lodge by dinner time. It was sad to say goodbye, but at least I can look forward to seeing them for longer in a couple weeks! I felt pretty good on the hike out up until the last mile which was just beach sand, straight uphill. The views of Mt Hood made up for it though! And soon enough I was setting up my sent right outside the lodge. When I was sitting at the bar reading a menu, a woman came over and offered to buy me a drink! She is planning on hiking next year and wanted to do some trail magic. It was so kind of her. I wish she would have been able to talk longer! But she was with a group of her friends. The food was alright, I admit that I’ve made better focaccia, which is saying a lot. But the tomato soup was good. I got it to dip my sandwich into. Then off to bed after several pictures of the sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment