Friday, August 5, 2022

Day 127

Trail miles: 12.3
Total: 2001














Made it to mile 2000! I tried to sleep in but ended up leaving at 6:00am anyway. Once I got over the first hill, I was a breeze the rest of the way. I took my time because I thought there might be trail magic at the junction near the youth camp, but I was way too early. Grandaddy and Just Greg were there where they said they were offered a ride by a dayhiker who passed by. They were waiting for her to finish her hike and take them to Bend. They said they would ask if I could come as well! I didn’t know where her car was and I wanted to see the 2000 marker, so I kept going. I stopped at the spring which was just a deep hole in the ground with yellow standing water. I’m glad I didn’t rush through the night to get to that. I filtered some and luckily it filtered clear, but I don’t think I drank any. At mile 2000, I FaceTimed my mom so she could see the rock numbers. She watched as I stood up a log to set my camera on for a self-timer picture. Of course she made me do a couple jumping ones again. Then it was off to the parking lot. I found Lifeguard there still trying to hitch at the road. Apparently everyone had nightmare journeys into town. Spare Change was dropped off at Sister which is the town on the way to Bend. Lifeguard was there waiting for over an hour trying to catch a ride. The problem was the cars were going so fast I think it would have been difficult for them to slow down to stop. I texted Grandaddy and asked if Lifeguard and me could fit into the car. Turns out, she was parked right next tot where I was sitting and she had room for us! She was so kind. She drove me to the post office to pick up my packages and then brought us to the hostel! I was very gratefully. Her job is to record numbers on trail for the forestry service and mark campsites too. I guess it’s for general activity statistics. So I was counted as one of the people in trail she crossed paths with.

We dropped out gear off at the hostel and went for food. The pizza was very good! I’m looking forward to my leftovers tomorrow. I drank too much Dr Pepper forcing me to take another Pepto Bismol. I knew what I was getting into, I just planned it to be on the day before a zero. Tomorrow I won’t have any. Just beer. I mean, they gave us free drink tokens for staying here, so why not! Laundry took forever, but always worth it. It’s nice that it was on site too. After a shower, Brad, Spare Change, and I shared an Uber to Walmart to resupply a total of 15 days over 4 sections and 3 boxes to ship. I got everything except all my dinners. I’m kind of depending on getting my dinners in the package that got delayed from home. But I can always pick a few up from REI tomorrow too. It felt surreal to be buying food for pretty much the rest of the trail. It almost feels like we are actually nearing the end. We ended the night watching Krista jam with the band at the outdoor bar. Once she was done, I went straight to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment