Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Day 149

Trail miles: 24.8
Total: 2502.5










We are hiking in some of the most beautiful land in the country and it’s hard to enjoy it fully when you are so tired from hiking all day. We just want to be done.

Hiking went pretty smoothly all day. The hills were tough because now I think we are in section K. My feet weren’t so bad either. I am however starting to get severe hiker hunger like I had in the Sierras. Must be because the terrain is similarly difficult that I need more food. It’s too late to do anything though because I can’t get any more food for the rest of the trail. I have a box ready for me in Stehekin and there’s no where in that town to supplement extra food. I will be ok though because Lifeguard offered me more Belvita bars if I need them and we only have about a week left of hiking. Raechel says she can supplement Stehekin cinnamon rolls every day if need be. It’s getting way colder all of a sudden. Feels like fall is coming quick, so good thing we are almost done. Makes me wish I went to my heavier sleeping bag. Tonight I am using my last hand warmer in my sleeping bag liner. We are camped near the top of one of the mountains where the fog is rolling in. The wind makes it a lot colder too. Maybe tomorrow I will have to put boiling water in a bottle and put it in my liner. I hope Stehekin has either more fuel canisters or hand warmers. We got to camp before 6:00pm which means I can watch shows in my tent! And get a full night sleep finally. I could use a warm hot chocolate right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment