Saturday, August 13, 2022

Day 129

Trail miles: 21.8
Total: 2119.7











We decided to stay for the breakfast buffet which didn’t open until 8:00am, so I was able to sleep in. I packed all my stuff up and went to sit in the common area while I charged my phone and drank the free coffee. I sat outside for a bit on the patio chair watching people ski down the mountain. It was crazy to think slopes were still open in mid August. I tried to let myself feel like I had all the time in the world to sit there and enjoy my morning. Krista and Lifeguard hovered around the host stand when breakfast opened to wait for openings since it was fully booked. And they got us a table pretty quickly! The breakfast was so fancy. They even had homemade whipped cream and smoothies. It was funny to look around and see that everyone there was thru hikers. Maybe the guests come down later in the morning. I paid for the full stomach with cramps as soon as we started hiking again. The terrain was a lot more hilly than usual. The second hill felt like the steepest one we’ve ever climbed, but they always feel that way. We took the side trail to Ramona Falls where we took a snack break. More gorgeous views of Mt Hood when the trees opened up. And I stopped at a campsite that was almost full, next to a trickling spring. I had to stop earlier than everyone else because my feet were hurting in my new shoes and it was getting late anyway. It just isn’t in me to hike alone at night. The mosquitoes have been replaced my these little flies, which are so annoying when they touch your leg, but at least I don’t think they bite. Hopefully my quilt keeps me warmer tonight than it did last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment