Saturday, August 13, 2022

Day 135

Trail miles: 26.9
Total: 2277.3


















I woke up to more tents outside my tent and people cowboy camping everywhere. At least tonight we are at a campsite where it’s impossible to set up next to us with all the rocks. The morning went by pretty quickly. It was mostly flat with a few miles of hills here and there. We got some service at the top of a hill which is always good. I checked in with my mom who left on her cross country road trip to my uncles house. She’s driven 650 miles today and has 1900 left! Funny that it is still less than the length of the PCT somehow. Lunch was cramped sitting on the side of a creek in a ridgeline. Then it got worse when ever hiker on trail showed up at the same time. Krista sent Brad and Raechel off running for our campsite after she heard too many people taking about camping at the same site as us. I’m glad they can hike fast so they can save Lifeguard and me a spot! We got nice ones, too. It was pretty much all uphill after lunch, with us needing to make it over Cispus pass, and then go up some more. I was following Lifeguard and I thought we were making good time and passing a bunch of people, but then we created one mountain and oh my gosh we couldn’t stop taking pictures. For the next two or three miles we slowed way down to capture the views. They were breath taking! Definitely some of the best we’ve seen since the Sierras. After I made it back into the woods with no more views I tried to pick up the pace. Then I almost peed myself because apparently I can’t hold my pee in anymore. I did make it, but it was close. I figured I’d sit down for a little break and eat something before the last 2 mile climb. There was some long steep sections, but there was nice flat sections in between for a good break. Our campsite has 189 views of the area! It also had an abandoned tent and bear canister which Brad took food from! I think he ate the beef stroganoff. Raechel says he’s going to be haunted now. Also we never saw any goats today. Maybe some tomorrow. Lifeguard says the ratio of goats to rocks in Goats Rocks wilderness is messed up. Statically will all these rocks, we should see at least one goat.

No comments:

Post a Comment