Friday, August 5, 2022

Day 125

Trail miles: 25.5
Total: 1958.7






Well the plan was to leave at 6:00am and try to do a late lunch at the lodge 20 miles away, but I didn’t see anyone all day. Somewhere along the way I decided the lodge wasn’t worth walking an extra two or so miles for a crappy meal so I figured I’d just go to camp. I stopped a couple of times but I made it 9 miles without sitting down for a real break. Then I needed water so I made a plan to stop at a lake that was recommended for swimming. I think I’m going to try to swim in one lake a day for the rest of Oregon. I made it the rest of the way up the hill where I got service, so I figured it would be the perfect spot for another break. I got texts saying the rest of the group was there and eating already but would eat with me again when I got there. I was still probably 4 miles away still. I just really can’t keep up and no one will wait for me. So I called my family until the service disappeared. I made it up the 3.5 mile hill next which was the toughest part of the day for sure. It kicked my butt and I struggled to force my way down the back of the hill to camp. Camp was mosquito hell. Definitely the worst so far in my life. 100s just swarmed me as I was trying to put my rain pants on and set up my tent. I jumped in my tent and several found their way in with me. So I’m just squishing them as I see them. Don’t want bites on my face in the night. I have to go back out for water though so I’m waiting until later and maybe they will relax a bit. I think it is working. Everyone but Spare Change came to camp and also freaked out about the swarms of mosquitoes. Now we are just in our tents for the night again. This is the real reason people run through Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment