Saturday, August 13, 2022

Day 133

Trail miles: 26.1
Total: 2224.9
















I was getting ready when I absolutely needed to use the pit toilet. But Krista was in there. When I told her after 5 min of waiting that I was going to poop myself, she said “I already did.” She’s a real thru hiker now!

A lot of fog and moisture in the air here in Washington. I have to keep my cover on my camera to protect it. It’s a lot colder when we stop because we are all covered in sweat that just never evaporated. We stopped at a lake for water, but I didn’t want to swim unless I knew the sun was going to come out today. It did eventually but not for until after lunch. My feet seem to have a grace period of 5 miles before they start to hurt. I try to elevate my feet on a tree any chance I get. The miles flew by today somehow. After lunch, I was going 3mph for 10 miles to make it to camp by 5:00pm. Im glad we did because there are now no less that 23 tents at this site. People are squeezing in wherever they can. There’s a mixture of southbounders and northbounder who skipped the entire state of Oregon. It’s a party! I’m glad I got to meet new hikers and I hope to see them again, even if it’s just at trail days.

No comments:

Post a Comment