Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Day 139

Trail miles: 25.7
Total: 2373.9










I got my trail name because I suck at the uphills, so I developed the skill to run the downhills. But I need to start paying attention to where I am on the hills more. Sometimes, like today, I will pass someone right at the bottom without knowing and then I have to sprint the hill to avoid embarrassment or let them pass immediately.

Something that’s gotten on my nerves lately is the people who completely skipped Oregon complaining that there were too many people on trail. Like I get it’s not your fault there are fires, but you also didn’t space out at all so.. I’m not sure what the answer here is but hearing them complain is annoying.

The hills are getting so steep. On the downhills I go full slalom mode. I don’t know how to stop though if somewhere were to show up out of nowhere. And the uphills are slow with a lot of breaks, but I think to myself, “I’ll make it to the top of this one too, I always do.” We moved a lot faster today and did 16 miles by lunch. My new favorite mid morning ritual is drinking a breakfast essential coffee with my honey bun. I only do it once or twice a section though because I don’t want to overdo it. I wish my diet wasn’t mainly sugar. At least tomorrow is town day/trail days/four zeros/reuniting with mom and Uncle Kent and Aunt Mary! We are squished in our campsite again which Krista calls townhousing. It helps that we show up to camp around 5:00pm. I see other hikers walk by all the way up to 8:00pm and I feel like maybe I should also be hiking too, but then we pass them still in their tents early in the morning. So we get the good campsites and a head start on the day. I think our mileage was good for today especially with the climbs, but for some reason I felt like we took a short day.

No comments:

Post a Comment