Monday, August 22, 2022

Day 144

Trail miles: 0
Total: 2393.8



We were in full on relax mode today for our last zero before we start the final push tomorrow. My mom made us Belgian waffles for breakfast and Japanese chicken nuggets for dinner. We did our part on the assembly line of costing the nugs before frying. I used the epsom salt foot bath for over an hour! My toes were much cleaner after, which won’t last long after today. I think my sausage feet have reduced swelling a little after the break. We washed our rain clothes with the tech wash waterproofing detergent my mom brought from home. I don’t think it helped with the smell much. I finalized the last of my bag and resupply so it would be ready when we woke up at 5:00am for our early departure. The goal is to do over 20 miles still tomorrow so we can spend as much time in Leavenworth as possible! We did stay up a little later than I would have liked, but it was worth it to watch the House of the Dragon. Probably won’t get to watch the next ones until we get home in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment