Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Day 148

Trail miles: 12.5

Total: 2477.7



















My butt has shrunk so much that my pants don’t fit at all. I have to tie them now which makes going to the bathroom a problem. Especially because I always wait until the last second. Anyway, my back pockets have pretty much become useless. I try to keep my bandana there for easy access, but I lose it sometimes. Yesterday, I put my phone in my back pocket. Yeah you can probably guess where this is going. We got a hitch and I got so excited I jumped and ran to get my bag. My phone popped out and the screen protector cracked. I guess it’s good I have it.

The campground was small which made it cozy. Although right next to a busy road so it was loud. I learned how to set up my tent with only rocks since none of the tent stakes went into the ground. One swift wind might have taken it down though. The showers were pretty nice too!

I got to sleep in so late today! Like around 7:30am was when I finally got up. We didn’t head to town until around 9:30am after Brad came back with our laundry! Such a nice thing to do while we are still asleep. The bus stop was right behind the Safeway so I stopped in to grab blister care, cash, and smart water bottles. In town, Raechel and I went to the main hub area while the rest went to the post office. Unfortunately Krista and Brads packages were delayed so they had to go back to the Safeway to resupply. Luckily they had it and easy to get to with the bus. Raechel and I went to the bakery and coffee shop first. Then there was an art gallery going on so we looked at all the pieces. We left our bags in the park in the shade behind one of the art tents. I only left my bag and package I was sending home; I kept my camera gear with me all morning. I grabbed my bag to move it and totally threw my back out. Like I could use anything else being in pain. I had to sit down for a second and then massage it out a little. It’s still hurting now but definitely not as bad. Retain therapy helped too! I found some clothes to send to myself. I love souvenir shopping! I can’t wait to do it on the drive home without having to hike 100 miles for it. I got lunch at Stein where I had a Malibu sunrise and Thai rice bowl. Both of which were so good! I’m glad for the recommendation from a family friend. Brad got us a hitch back to trail from a guy at a gas station. He just asks everyone he sees if they are going to Stevens Pass and we will pay for gas. He was an interesting guy (in a good way). He laughed at all our complaints of trail. On trail, my feet actually felt alright. I did take four Motrin but I will credit the blister bandaids and airing them out last night. There was minimal pain from the blisters and none from swollen feet, so I’d say they felt the best they’ve felt in hundreds of miles! Probably before Bend. We only did 12 miles so we got in before 8:00pm. Finally a night to get in my tent before sunset. We could see some fires in the distance, maybe 7 plumes of smoke, and when the sun went down, we could see red flames. They look small and far so we aren’t worried.. yet. We need terminus pics after all this hard work!! We finally found a nice campsite all to ourselves. Well, minus Brad. We have no idea where he went. He LOAed. Raechel and Krista say he’ll be waiting for us at the top of the pass in the morning, smoking a cigarette.

No comments:

Post a Comment