Saturday, August 13, 2022

Day 131

Trail miles: 20.2
Total: 2168












I just realized I lost my comb and now my hair is going to be in a knot by the time I get to town. 

I woke up before 6:00am and no one had really moved yet. I was awake now and the coffee shop was open, so I packed up and walked into town. I figured I could charge my stuff and eat while I waited for the post office to open at 8:30am. I’m glad I ended up there when I did, because I beat the morning rush. By 8:00am, it was packed with hikers. At 8:30am, I was able to schedule and talk with Blaze about my wet problems. She gave me some good exercises to hopefully mitigate the issue until I am done with the trail. I tried screen recording the talk, but I think I only recorded the video and not the sound. Ugh I should have taken notes; I’ve already forgotten things. We headed out around 9:30am and walked across the Bridge of the Gods finally! It was even better than I expected. The river was beautiful, the grated bridge was cool to walk over, and then we got photos of the sign at the end. We definitely made the drivers mad as we were running into the road taking photos of each other when in between cars. I got started up the big hill right away while everyone else picked berries. We took lunch halfway up the hill, which was a nice was to break up the hill. I thought the hill was very manageable today. I just kept going no matter how slow I was going. Surprisingly though, I passed quite a few hikers. The trail has been packed today and it’s because of all the hikers pushed forward from the fires. We saw Vader who we hadn’t seen since Idyllwild. And a couple camped with us that we saw on Baden Powell. Anyway, at the top of the hill, by feet started hurting, so I took a break at the next campsite to eat and elevate by feet on a tree. I think it helped for a bit, because I made it to the next water source with minimal pain. They still throbbed when I sat down at the creek, but maybe after a few more days of exercises and shortened days, I will feel better. We are camped right along the creek so I got to ice my feet and wash my legs of the poison ivy we walked through. It’s very crowded here but at least Lifeguard saved me a nice spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment