Sunday, July 3, 2022

Day 95

Trail miles: 19.9
Total: 1249.8














Woke up to realize everyone decided to sleep in today. We are meeting Raechel’s old roommate and his partner at the trailhead 5 miles down the road. He would be there around 9:00am, so that’s why everyone was sleeping in. I just started walking anyway and got there a little early. The food was McDonalds and Trader Joe’s! That brightened everyone’s morning so much and I’m sure it was so nice for Raechel and Krista to see an old friend. I felt so full after! I love being able to eat until I’m full because I worry sometimes that I’m not eating enough to keep my strength up. And I can save my Snickers for tomorrow morning. Krista and Brad decided to get off trail a day early to attend the bluegrass music festival in Quincy. I had the chance to go and I decided to hike more of the trail instead. I regretted it as soon as we hit the burn section. If I knew it was coming so quickly, I definitely would have left trail. It was exposed and pretty sad. Then at lunch, I looked up and saw a couple pinecones in the tall tree above us. I asked if that could knock me out if it fell. Then not 10 minutes later it came crashing down beside me! We had some sleep switchbacks for four miles down to the Middle Fork Feather River where we are camped. All of us girls went for a swim in the calm part of the river and it felt so nice. The water wasn’t too cold either. The bugs are bag here so I ate dinner in my tent. And I hung my most legal bear hang yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment