Sunday, July 17, 2022

Day 109

Trail miles: 27.3
Total: 1634.5

My first marathon!























If you saw me at camp at 2:30am, you would have seen me waving my hands and chasing like 6 deer away from all our tents. I got up and left before Raechel and Krista even woke up. Turns out they got a really late start around like 7:00am. Which is why I never saw them until camp. Today was a really good day for me mentally. I just felt like my happiness is starting to trickle back. I didn’t even need to listen to my headphones until lunchtime. After another 300 log hops, I made it to lunch where I could ice my feet in a creek, accompanying about 50 bees and 100 butterflies. Oh and speaking of the log hops, or as I like to call them, the hoedown blowdowns, I decided I don’t need a tattoo to commemorate the hike when I have all these new scars on my shins. I mean, I won’t have any skin left for them to tattoo anyway. About 23 miles in for the day, I decided it was time to reach out to Raechel on her inreach since I still hadn’t seen anyone. She was way far back and everyone was deciding on a campsite still. We landed on going to the 27 mile camp just to make tomorrow a little shorter. I ate dinner 2 miles from camp and kept hiking. I love that I can just do that; it extends the day a little more and a little more break for my feet in between miles. We are all back in our tents tonight because of the deer at every campsite. Tonight’s deer slobbered all over Raechels toothbrush and ran off with her toothpaste. It just stared at her with it hanging out of its mouth like a cigarette. She had to chase it around camp until it dropped it. She’s just happy she didn’t kill a deer tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment