Friday, July 22, 2022

Day 115

Trail miles: 0
Total: 1717.7



Nothing like waking up and being stressed because everyone is feeling productive bright and early. I was the last out the door for breakfast. Then everyone came back and immediately dove in to packing their resupply boxes for Shelter Cove and Crater Lakes. There was no room in that hotel room for me to think and I do what I do best and avoided all of it by watching Tik Toks in bed. I figured I would wait until they all left so I could have the room to myself. It made me feel better when they left and I actually became productive. One of the boxes is being sent through USPS like usual, but Shelter Cove only accepts UPS or FedEx. I thought we might have to take the bus, but luckily there was one in town, and the worker there was very familiar with the hiker box process. Maybe UPS is the way to go from now on. We were hungry as always so I got some Nashville hot wings and a rum cocktail. The wings were really good! I finished my resupply and dropped the package to Cascade Locks off at the post office along with a package to home filled with my Gossamer Gear bag and my accordion style sleeping pad. I’m so excited to get a better night sleep on my thermarest. Hopefully these hip bruises go away now. Since all my chores were officially done, it was pool time! The hot tub was actually nice to dip my legs in for a while even though it was 90 degrees out. I stayed there for almost 2 hours. After a shower, I walked around town. Ashland is such a cool small town. Lots of shops and restaurants. Lifeguard and Alex are going to the park tonight where they are putting on Shakespeare plays. Raechel, Krista, and Brad are out watching street performers. I bought more stickers. I would have gotten more clothes, but the post offices were closed for the day. I’ll just have to come back! I grabbed pizza and headed back to the hotel room where I have Dr Pepper to drink it with. The TV sucks so I played Only Murders in the Building on my phone. Just vegging for the night as my mom would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment