Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Day 112

Trail miles: 24.6
Total: 1703.9



















Today I felt particularly proud of myself. It was for a different reason than climbing up a big hill or doing big miles. I left camp and made it 5 miles in before I got stomach pains. I felt a sharp pain in the center of my stomach, below my ribs. I ended up having to lay down they were so bad. The rest of the crew caught up with me and ate breakfast, but soon moved on. I tried to get up and I maybe made it a half mile before I laid down again. I repeated this for a couple miles until I got to the spring. I figured, at least I had water if I had to stay here for a while. I got a text from Raechel saying they would wait for me at the Oregon border and to take a nap if I could. Brad was going to come help. I told her that wasn’t necessary, but Brad is too nice and loves extra miles, so when I tried to get up again, he was right around the corner. I had taken 6 Motrin by this point and I think it finally kicked in because I was able to walk with Brad to the border which was 4 miles away. After pictures and lunch, the boys ran off as they do and the girlies stayed together. We ate dinner around 6:00pm right after the 1700 mile marker. It was hard to find a flat spot on the ridge, but I was able to find a nice big flat rock to cook and sit on. Then we had 4 miles left to camp. After having such a terrible start to the day, I was still able to make the miles that we planned for. Maybe the motivation was town day tomorrow or that I had no food left. Either way, I was really happy that I still got to camp around 8:00pm. Now I get to look forward to a nero and 2 zeros!

No comments:

Post a Comment