Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Day 116

Trail miles: 23.5
Total: 1742.7





You know it’s ironic that the entire time I’ve been in Oregon, I’ve had dysentery. Not good when you are sharing one bathroom with 5 people. I really considered staying another night for it but I would have made any excuse to stay another day in that town. We made it to continental breakfast before Lifeguard picked me up and took me to grab pepto bismol before trail. I think it kicked in pretty quickly. The morning went ok even thought I felt like I was moving in slow motion. My new pack feels heavier somehow. And it kept pinching my left hip. I didn’t make it to the campground we were sleeping at until around 8:00pm. I felt pretty sad in the afternoon. I’m just plain tired of hiking. I was crying again by the time I figured out where the PCT section of the campground was. I had to make it here though because there’s not a lot of water anymore, and there was a potable water pump. The campground was loud for a while with kids running around screaming. But I was able to drown it out with my podcast. We did end up making a full day out of today even with the late start. Not that I care anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment