Wednesday, July 27, 2022

118

Trail miles: 24.8
Total: 1792







I had to run out of my tent this morning with my baby wipes in hand. If you are going to poo before digging a cat hole, make sure the ground is soft enough to dig. Sorry to the poor animal that owned the hole I shoved my poop into. Needless to say I needed more pepto bismol. I hiked 6 miles to the creek where I dipped my feet in for a nice ice bath. I also made a breakfast essentials coffee with a Honey Bun. Made for a nice start to my day. I got up the 4 mile hill where I met a section hiker who is hiking the whole state of Oregon with his son. He hikes the same pace as me so it was easy to walk behind him and talk for a mile or so. I sat down for lunch around 15 miles. I couldn’t find a flat spot so I just settled for some shade. I should have been more patient because there were better spots not even 20 steps further. I kept leap frogging a group of horses and their riders today. Oh and one adventure dog that would follow beside the horses. They were very nice to me and kept saying encouraging things. There were a lot of downed trees today, so it made it more difficult for them to get around them all. I once saw them using a hand saw to remove one. One rider just got off the horse and had the horse jump the log. Pretty cool. At the spring, I got news that my so called tramily did not wait for me. I’m not surprised. I did cry in front of everyone at the spring though. I think everyone on trail has seen me cry now. I made it to camp after one stop to give my feet a break. The mosquitoes got pretty bad here and there that I was smacking my shoulders and legs to try and kill them. But they are very manageable at camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment