Saturday, July 9, 2022

Day 100

Trail miles: 24.1
Total: 1461.0

Happy 100 days on trail!






Another uncomfortable night on slanted ground where I kept sliding toward my feet. The morning I spent like I always do, frantically trying to catch up to everyone. The views of Mt Shasta were so clear and plentiful today! And no clouds to block it. No big hills for the day but I still had foot pain. I made it to the water source 10 miles in and everyone had already left. I filled up and walked about 3 miles before my feet hurt too bad. I found a nice outcropping of rock with the best view of Shasta. It was windy and cold, but I thought the view was worth it. I can no longer eat my lunch burritos without a thick layer of chips. I caught up with the others still at their lunch spot about a mile and a half up the trail. Courtney and Jonah passed as everyone was packing up. I ended up saying “any day that I don’t cry is a good day” as a half joke. But then like less than 30 minutes later I was crying again. I tripped over a rock while trying to eat fruit snacks and walk and fell hard on my leg. I ended up with two scrapes and a bruise on my left leg. But I was alright to hike. Lifeguard and Krista helped me up and got my pack and camera back up to the trail. I was very appreciative for the concern. We hiked together for the rest of the afternoon. I had to take quite a few breaks for my feet. We stopped at the creek a mile before camp in preparation to dry camp. We saw a 10 point deer on our way down the last hill. They aren’t afraid of humans at all. There was another baby deer just roaming around our campsite all afternoon. We had to make sure everything was put away so he wouldn’t get into it. I think I can hear the power lines buzzing above us; you can see them from camp not too far away. Thank goodness for my double walled tent by the way. It keeps the condensation off my sleeping bag and the tent dries so quick. It means I don’t have to dry all my stuff in the middle of the day like I see everyone else doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment