Sunday, July 31, 2022

Day 123

Trail miles: 11.4
Side trail miles: 1.4
Total: 1906.2 























The hill was not so long but it’s always tougher in the morning. I had to stop at the creek to filter water, so I was quickly left behind. I tried to hike as long as I could without stopping. The mosquitoes were annoying as usual the whole day. I guess that’s just going to be the new normal. I just wish I could find some deet anywhere in these little shops. I made it to the campground around 10:00am and found everyone setting up their tents. I went straight for food because I started feeling nauseous. It didn’t help that the cashier was taking forever to find me up. I ordered chocolate milk and a frozen breakfast sandwich. When I started feeling better again, I grabbed my resupply box that I sent myself from Ashland and organized it into my pack. I have to actually drop excess food in the hiker box this time because I have no access to ship extra forward. Usually I just send it home with a couple souvenirs. Then I was off to the lake to swim! I was there for an hour by myself, then I walked to the little beach where everyone else was hanging and got in a second time. It was so nice to float around with no time constraints or thoughts about getting back on the trail. Then it starting raining, and the rain turned into a storm for a couple of hours. All of the PCT hikers were huddled under the backpacker tent hangout area they set up for us. I guess I was to keep us from clogging up the front porch. I had just started my laundry too so I had to walk back in forth in the rain to move it to the dryer. And my dumb mistake of the day was I completely forgot to add laundry detergent in the wash. Maybe I thought it was like an automatic built in dispenser. The shower was so nice even through the payment method was annoying. Every 3 minutes I had to get out of the shower and put 8 more quarters with. It was clean and hot and that’s all I can ask for. The rain stopped by the time I got out of the shower so I timed it perfect. I even tossed my rain clothes into the dryer for a few minutes to dry off the rain. Next I had to head right to food before the grill closed. It was a very sad burger and fries for $14. It doesn’t matter because the crawfish bowl trail magic made up for it! One of the car camper moms came over and offered us the food that was leftover and of course we went. There was a big group made up of multiple families. They had a massive fancy RV to host all of them for dinner. The food was good but the best part was that someone found a soccer ball and Brad, Krista, and I started playing pass with all of the little kids in the group. It was a lot of fun! But off to bed now because another full day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment