Saturday, July 30, 2022

Day 121

Trail miles: 25.3
Side trail miles: 0.4
Total: 1864.5











I didn’t mean to wake up as early as I did, but the group beside us was loud packing up so I got up too. I felt good and fast today so I made it the water cache without breaking. I actually thought I missed the water cache and turned back before Spare a change told me there was a second one in 9 miles. I didn’t stop there long because I had a big hill to climb before lunch at the creek in another 8 miles. I was surprised I still didn’t get passed by anyone on the way to the hill. Near the top, there was service, so I was able to call my mom to help arrange my food being sent to Bend. I made it to the creek which was wonderful! But it was so cold I couldn’t keep my feet in for long. I grabbed enough water to dry camp and left early to get started up the next climb. At the top, there was a marker labeled “highest point in OR/WA on the PCT.” It felt so odd for it to be on a plateau of sorts with no epic mountain view’s. Just another spot on the PCT in the pine trees. We hiked about 4 or so more miles downhill (stopping only when we found cell reception) and made camp in a flat unmarked spot in the side of the trail. We got word that there is a wildfire near us so we will have to stay together and stay alert for the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment