Friday, July 22, 2022

Day 114

 Trail miles: 0

Total: 1717.7













I felt like being productive this morning so I started baking the almond pastries and washed my pot. I figured it would be easier to wash them at the BnB rather than the hotel. When I tried to pack my gear in the new bag, I started panicking like I usually do. It feels smaller than what I have and I haven’t even tried packing my food yet. I tried to forget my worries until I got my food. Rachel’s friends came at 9:00am to take Krista and Raechel to breakfast. I got a hitch from them to the AT&T store where I was easily able to upgrade my iPhone! While the phone was turning on, I ran to Dutch Bros to grab a coffee. I ended up running across 4 lanes of highway traffic to get back because I didn’t want to go back to the crosswalk. It was a very hot walk over to Walmart, but at least it was short. I feel like I know how to resupply now that I just go through the aisles without looking at my list. Then when my cart was full, I would decrease the numbers of my checklist. I still need some more tomorrow but at least I can walk to the stores here. Brad and I took the bus back and I’m glad he was there because I had no idea how to get back. We had to take two buses so Brad got us transfer tickets. I guess it probably took less than an hour to get to the hotel. Krista called the hotel so we could get a check in without her there. The rooms beds are huge! Gives me more space in the bed now that Brad finally decided to not sleep on the floor. Although later he did take up 2/3 of the bed for his resupply picture. I got two packages from my mom and one was completely filled with cookies and banana bread! Thank you mom! At the lunch restaurant, I ordered a cubano and a huckleberry cider, which I’ve probably never ordered before. It was so good! Kiersten would be proud! And jealous of course. Then Brad and I bounced around town looking through the shops. We came across a cool shop called Paddington Station. They had all types of shirts and Pendleton merchandise! Maybe I’ll buy a blanket as a reward if I finish. By this time, Raechel and Krista’s friends were back so we met them at the smoothie store. I didn’t get any food for dinner because I was too full still and was saving room for dessert. Lifeguard, Lifeguards mom, and Alex joined us so we had a big table! When we got back Krista and Raechel repackages a lot of their food for resupply while I showered and went right to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment