Friday, July 15, 2022

Day 107

Trail miles: 25.2
Total: 1594.0








I finally left before the sunrise this morning and it was great. Except for the spiderwebs I walked through and the swarms of flies I dispersed. I felt alright and I was listening to my audio book so I was able to make it about 16 miles when I stopped for lunch. I met the rest of the girls there. The afternoon wasn’t as easy going. First, I felt bored again. Then we went up a 2 mile steep, exposed hill, which was surprisingly easier than it looked. Although I could have done without all the false summits. Just when I thought I could finally cruise to camp, we went through the worst blowdown area yet. There was a huge log across the trail like every 20 steps. And then I had to sit down because my stomach was acting up. But I did make it to camp before 6:00pm, which is always the goal. We are camping in a large group tonight just like back in the Sierras. I found a campsite that’s perfect, tucked away high above the lake. Then I kicked my dinner over and had to pick it up noodle by noodle to carry in my trash bag. I spent 15 panic filled minutes trying to find my headphones that were still attached to my sunhat. At least I found them.

No comments:

Post a Comment