Thursday, July 21, 2022

Day 113

Trail miles: 13.8
Side trail miles: 0.7
Total: 1717.7
Miles to Medford: 24










The only head start I got today was making it to the top of the two mile hill before everyone caught up. That’s ok because the rest was mostly downhill. I had to dig two cat holes that morning, so probably the aftermath of the stomach pains I felt yesterday. I was talking to my mom on the phone (as I do sometimes when I have service on the long downhills) and I hear Brad calling out to get my attention from behind. I turn around and he is asking for a tampon for Raechel. He’s apparently become our runner for when we need help. I luckily had what she needed so it all worked out. But she was still feeling crampy the rest of the day. I thought maybe it hurts worse because of all the sugar we eat on trail. After 15 miserable miles, we found ourselves at highway 99. A car pulled over and it turned out to be Lifeguard’s mom! She said she saw backpacks coming out of the woods and hoped it would be us. We stopped at Callaghan’s lodge to drop off Brad and check it out, but it wasn’t much mostly because the restaurant looked to be closed. We hit chipotle on the way back to the BnB to eat while we were doing laundry. The shower felt so good as always. And soon we were making our way back to town to go to the REI, Trader Joe’s, and sushi restaurant. At REI, I tried on a bunch of new bags and found one I think will work for me: the Osprey Ariel 65. The good thing about REI is that I can return it within a year if I don’t like it. I also picked up a new shirt since mine is ripping where my pack sits on it. The sushi was alright, the dumplings were better. We Ubered home with some goodies from Trader Joe’s and now I’m sleeping on the couch in the family room for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment