Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Day 117

Trail miles: 24.5
Total: 1767.2




I slept in a little later than I wanted to (4:40am) because I was so tired from getting in late last night. At least I had a great sleep now that I have my blow up sleeping pad again. Bad news is though my hip bruise from the hip belt on my pack swelled up overnight. I added my sleeping pad under my hip belt today as an added layer of cushion to help. It did go away after I took some meds. Another slow day of hiking. It’s just Groundhog Day at this point. Not many views so far in Oregon. I made it to lunch with the girls, but they always leave so quickly when I am done eating that I feel like I don’t get enough rest. So I barely made it 3 miles when I had to stop again. My feet are back to being in pain after just a couple miles of walking. I am dry camping alone tonight (with other thru hikers) because everyone else went another 6 miles to the next water source, making it a 31 mile day for them. No way I was feeling up for that today. They say they will wait for me tomorrow at the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment