Thursday, April 7, 2022

Day 9

 Trail Miles: 13.6

Total: 104.8



Happy birthday Kiersten!!

Today we hit 100 miles! Our first milestone. We got up early and hiked 10 miles before 10:30am and was treated to trail magic by a couple of PCT hikers from class of 2019 who had met on trail! They made us eggs, sausage, chorizo, and hash. They also had tons of other stuff to grab like Gatorade, baby wipes, muffins, and oranges. Then we took the free shuttle to Montezuma's Market where we hung out until 3:00 pm meeting other hikers and keeping out of the heat. It really felt like we were a part of the community! I also got some sunscreen and new peanut butter since I didn’t like the ones I brought from home. I needed more hand sanitizer, which I am going through like crazy. Then some honey sticks and strawberry preservatives for my tortilla roll ups at lunch. The sunscreen was much needed because I ran out and had to hike in my rain pants, which has been miserable. We got back and hiked on 4 more miles to a small creek! Only the second natural water source so far. It was nice to dip our feet in. Tomorrow we go into Warner Springs where we pick up resupply boxes, so tonight is my last night in this top quilt. Good thing too because I hear it’s going to get colder.

We found out Brad is waiting for us near Warner Springs so we will find out tomorrow how he is doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment