Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Day 12

Trail miles: 15.8

Total: 155.9


It’s getting a lot windier lately as we head further into the mountains. We are heading for an elevation of 10,000ft in the next few days. Tonight we have a lot of tree coverage which definitely helps, but doesn’t eliminate the wind completely. The day started with a quick paced 6 miles to Marys water source. I felt good so I didn’t need a break. I picked up some cute postcards to send out that are unique to that exact mile marker. I also signed the book with my official new trail name! The next 7 miles were slower because it got harder, but I felt better after some electrolytes. We hitched to Paradise Valley Cafe for lunch! It wasn’t anything special like people say, but the employees were so friendly to us. The owner of the store even gave us a ride back to the trailhead! He had to do two trips to fit all 6 of us. We walked not even 10 steps before we ran into trail magic! They had candy and chips and hot chocolate. One of the other hikers had a hang board as his luxury items, which is used to hang by the fingers to strengthen for climbing. Pretty dedicated climber!!

No comments:

Post a Comment