Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Day 28

Trail miles: 10.5
Total: 351.7












Tried to sleep in a little, but couldn’t wait too long because we were excited for McDonalds breakfast! We were all happy not to have gotten murdered from the murder van down then hill, where we saw a hand reach out of the window the night before and adjust the window curtain. Raechel made the joke that she chose the side further away from the van so she wouldn’t get murdered first. 
Anyway, I got a sausage McGriddle that was so good I ordered a second. We saw so many hikers there. It’s funny that you don’t see anyone for a while on trail and then everyone pops up in the same place! We headed to the gas station to pick up fuel canisters and sunscreen to fill some time before lunchtime. The road we had to cross to get there was terrifying. Krista says the Del Taco was worth it. I tried charging my charging block at the gas station, but I think it’s broken from dropping it in the stream in the San Jacinto mountains. I will try ordering a replacement to Acton. We may be getting close to having another resupply box from home! Everyone said I shouldn’t worry about getting resupply from home since there are stores along the way, but my dinners are so much better! And I have lots of other goodies they don’t have like latte packets and pink starbursts. After we packed out our free Big Macs and Subway cookies, we headed up the a 2000 ft climb over 10 miles. We are carrying about 4 liters to dry camp in hopes we should see more water in 12 miles. We are camped at the top of a ridge so no wind protection. Hopefully the wind doesn’t pick up in the middle of the night. I kind of wish I packed out some chicken nuggets too. You know I think I only ate fast food today.

One last thought, people need to stop asking me what day I started. There’s no other reason you are asking me that other than to compare your pace to mine. I am doing the same thing you are doing no matter how fast I am going. I have to come up with a new response the next time someone asks me. If you have a good response, comment below!! Raechel thinks it’s a guy thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment