Saturday, April 16, 2022

Day 16

Trail miles: 1.9

Total: 181.3





First I should mention that I won’t be able to post every day because there isn’t a lot of service up here on the mountains. I make sure to keep track of my daily blog in my notes app and post once I get service.

Even though it looks like we did a short mileage day, it doesn’t count the 2 1/2 mile side trail we took to get back to the trail and how it was still over 2,500 ft in elevation gain. But nonetheless it was a nice nero after our zero. We took our time getting ready in the morning, making sure to squeeze in another shower before we left. Of course our clothes never stop smelling, though, no matter now much I scrub them in the sink. I mentioned that trail angel Scott offered to bring me memory cards from San Diego today and he did! When I tried to pay him back through an app like Venmo or PayPal and he just said I could make a donation in his name to the Warner Springs Resource center where PCT hikers can charge electronics and wash clothes. And then he was off to rescue a hiker whose wife was in early labor and needed a ride to LAX. I can’t see how anyone can top his efforts in trail angeling!! Also why are you hiking if your wife is pregnant? Just saying. So my GoPro is fixed and hopefully more cool video to come. 

Debbie from the bunkhouse dropped us off in town where we did our resupply and had lunch. I really need to come up with some craftier ideas for trail food or I’m going to get sick of tuna and peanut butter very soon. Lunch was fantastic. Krista and I split a breakfast crepe (sausage, egg, bacon, and cheese) and a Hippo waffle (gelato, strawberries, whipped cream, and kinder chocolate). I also had my first town coffee, which was a blended coconut mocha. At least the eggs and sausage weren’t sugar. Then we caught a ride with the Idyllwild shuttle to the Humber Park trailhead. I don’t know if it’s getting easier, but I was able to make the long climb without stopping, even if it was a slow crawl at best. I snuggled up in my sleeping bag early because of the cold and made dinner in my vestibule. And I finished the last two episodes of Bridgerton. It’s funny that I miss mindless TV at night. While at the bar last night I saw Survivor was playing and reminisced on watching TV at night with my mom! I guess I’ll have to make the best of downloading Netflix on trail. Oh and hopefully Raechel and I can see Dr. Strange and the Dumbledore movie in a town soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment