Monday, April 25, 2022

Day 19

Trail miles: 17.5
Total: 230.9




Well the long mile days back to back are starting to get to me. Lots of elevation, heavy pack, and heat make for slow travel for me, which forces us to hike from sunrise to sunset. I spend all of the day hiking, eating, or filtering water. I hope to slow things down after Big Bear, but the trail towns may be too far apart. Depends on the terrain if I will be able to keep up. I felt ok today until the trail started following the creek. I thought that would be enjoyable, with less water to carry, but it turned out to be a jungle maze where we continuously lost the trail. We basically gave up when the sun started setting around 7:00pm. Ok so enough of the bad, the best part of today was Whitewater River! It was a treat to rest along a river in the desert. And then the second one at our lunch stop. A short summary today because I think I’ll go to bed now.

https://open.spotify.com/track/6rhz5IdIWfnU30MFuiL7Di?dl_branch=1&si=XlO9sa-_TMyJzbNrEIFvSA

No comments:

Post a Comment