Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Day 21

 Trail miles:17.9

Total: 266.1

Our first spotting of a Joshua Tree!

I woke up at 4:00am after my vestibule tent stake was ripped out by the wind and kept smacking me in the side of the face. I decided I wanted to get an early start before the sunrise so I could get ahead on this 18 mile stretch to town. I will definitely do this more often because it was so relaxing to walk while the light was getting brighter. Then my sworn enemy, the wind, returned. It was just enough motivation to keep going, because it was too cold to stop. Which means today we hit our first 10 by 10! Or 10 miles by 10am. This set us up to finish at the highway 18 parking lot by 2:00pm. Good thing, too, because I was hungry and all I had left was chocolate bars. About 15 minutes into waiting for a hitch, we got a ride from Perry and his son Andrew who were very lovely to meet and talk to about the town! We dropped our things at the bnb and spent taco Tuesday at the Hacienda Grill. Then the rest of the night was spent doing laundry at Wash and Wear. We met a very experienced biker and laundromat user who biked the state of California and knew which washer was best. Now I can go to bed feeling fresh and clean for a fun filled zero tomorrow! Hopefully we can figure out the free transit trolley’s that always seem to be on the other side of town.


No comments:

Post a Comment